Brits’ favourite on-screen bromance revealed as UK gears up for Bad Boys For Life launch
The nation has spoken, and Woody and Buzz from Toy Story have been crowned Britain’s all-time favourite on-screen bromance, as the big screen welcomes the highly-anticipated release of Bad Boys for Life.
The research, commissioned by ODEON, is inspired by the iconic bond between Mike and Marcus in the Bad Boys films, as Woody and Buzz snap up the top spot (23%) thanks to their lasting friendship and inspiring loyalty, closely followed by Star Trek’s Kirk and Spock (17%), Han Solo and Chewbacca from the Star Wars film series (17%) and Harry and Ron from the Harry Potter films (13%).
For off screen friendships, the poll found that watching a film together is in the top five activities Brits like to do with their best friend.
The research comes as film fans across the UK book their tickets to catch Marcus and Mike’s latest adventure in Miami, with Bad Boys For Life releasing in the UK this Friday January 17th. What’s more, guests watching the film at ODEON with their BFF can treat themselves to the ‘Sharer’ popcorn, premium drinks and sweets combo, if you’re happy to share popcorn that is! If you’re looking for that extra indulgence, head to the Oscar’s Bar at ODEON Luxe cinemas to enjoy 2 for £12 cocktails with your bestie.
BRITAIN’S FAVOURITE ON-SCREEN BROMANCE:
- Woody and Buzz, Toy Story (23%)
- Kirk and Spock, Star Trek (17%)
- Han Solo and Chewbacca, Star Wars (17%)
- Harry and Ron, Harry Potter (13%)
- Goose and Maverick, Top Gun (11%)
- Mike and Marcus, Bad Boys (7%)
- Ferris Bueller and Cameron, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (5%)
- Rick Dalton and Cliff Booth, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (3%)
- Evan and Seth, Superbad (2%)
- John Beckwith and Jeremy Grey, Wedding Crashers (2%)
TOP 10 ACTIVITIES BRITS LOVE TO DO WITH THEIR BEST FRIEND:
- Going out for coffee (26%)
- Going for a walk (15%)
- Watching sport (14%)
- Staying in (13%)
- Watching a film at the cinema (10%)
- Playing a video game (8%)
- Shopping (8%)
- Going to the gym (3%)
- Cooking (2%)
- Taking an art class (1%)