Centrale & Whitgift to re-open on 15 June
Centrale & Whitgift has announced that it will officially re-open on 15 June, in line with the latest guidance from the Government. During lockdown, the centres’ essential stores have remained open, so that the local community can purchase key items.
Customers are encouraged to check Centrale & Whitgift’s website for information on specific brands’ opening times before they visit. Selected restaurant brands will continue to be available for takeaway and delivery, with further guidance expected from the Government in the coming weeks on when these venues can reopen for dine-in customers.
Ensuring the safety of consumers, retailers and colleagues remains Centrale & Whitgift’s number one priority. A range of measures to keep everyone safe have been introduced. These include:
- Introduction of one-way system at Centrale to help customers safely navigate the centre
- Clear signage throughout the destination reminding consumers of the need to follow social distancing guidance, and to avoid shopping in large groups
- Using the centres’ communication channels including social media, digital in-mall displays and tannoy announcements to remind visitors about how to stay safe
- Enhanced cleaning processes, with a clear focus on key customer touch points
- Live monitoring of footfall to ensure there aren’t too many people in the centre at any one time
- Installation of fixed hand sanitiser stations throughout the destinations
- All customer-facing centre colleagues will wear protective clothing
- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payment with retailers for transactions
While the destinations’ car parks will be open, customers are advised to check Centrale & Whitgift’s website before they visit if they wish to use the destinations’ services, as some may not be available.
Joanne Bailey, General Manager at Centrale, said: “It has been a really challenging time for everyone, and we are hugely grateful to the key workers that have done so much over the past few months. At Centrale, we’re working really hard to make sure we can re-open on 15 June, and that we can do so safely. We ask that people be patient with us though, as the way we shop is going to be different for a while, and visits might take longer than usual. We can’t wait to re-open, and to welcome back our customers.”