LONDON INVITES YOU TO WAKE UP & KICK START YOUR DAY THE ORGANIC WAY
To spread the ‘feel-good’ factor of organic food far and wide, Organic UK is inviting people up and down the nation to ‘Wake Up to Organic’ and celebrate with a free organic mini breakfast.
On 12 June 2019, independent businesses in London will be throwing open their doors for ‘Wake Up To Organic’, helping to spread the joy of organic food and encouraging people to feed their happy!
Up to 300 events across the country – in partnership with local cafes, delis, farm shops and independent stores – will celebrate organic food, showing just how easy it is to make the switch. You can get just about anything in organic form now, even drinking chocolate!
As well as helping you enjoy mini delicious organic breakfast treats, select stores will be taking their Wake Up to Organic events to the next level, offering a range of special activities – from cooking demonstrations to the opportunity to meet local farmers and producers.
By choosing organic you can rest easy knowing your food is produced to the highest standards with a host of great benefits. It doesn’t even have to involve searching high and low for loads of niche ingredients because you can always opt to have an organic meal kit delivered to your door. As long as you’re sticking to organic food, you’re having a positive impact on yourself and the food industry. If you are a vendor looking to join the events, you might want to consider Ice Cool Trailers to keep your produce as fresh as possible.
- Better for nature and the planet: Organic farming works with the environment as it uses fewer pesticides. This way of farming protects and encourages wildlife while looking after the health of the soil.
- Better for animal welfare. Organic means always free-range and organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow more naturally.
- Know what’s in your food. When it comes to organic, you know exactly what’s in your food. GM crops and ingredients are banned so you only get real ingredients with no artificial colours or preservatives.
So far, independent businesses signed up to help people in London Wake Up to Organic include:
- Alara Health Store, 58-60 Marchmont, St Bloomsbury, London, WC1N 1AB
- As Nature Intended, The Exchange Building, 132 Commercial Street, Spitalfields, London E1 6NG
- Hackney Fresh, 334 Mare Street, London, E8 1HA
- As Nature Intended, Great Eastern Market, Lower Ground Floor, Westfield, Stratford City, London, E20 1GP
- As Nature Intended, Marble Arch House, 36 Edgware Road, Marble Arch, London, W2 2EH
- As Nature Intended, 201 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, London, W4 2DR
- As Nature Intended, 17 – 21 High Street, Ealing, Ealing Green, London, W5 5DB
- Coffee Plant, 180 Portobello Rd, Notting Hill, London, W11 2EB
- Apples & Bees, 258 Battersea Park Road, Battersea, London, SW11 3BP
- As Nature Intended, 186-188 Balham High Road, London, SW12 9BP
- Apples & Bees 107, Sheen Lane, East Sheen, London, SW14 8AE
- Good Food, 7 Sandhurst Market, Sandhurst Rd, Catford, London, SE6 1DL
- Millars General Store, 53 Black Prince Road, Kennington, London, SE11 6AB
- Earth Natural Foods, 200-202 Kentish Town Rd, London, NW5 2AE
- Bumblebee Natural Foods, 33, Brecknock Road, North London, London, N7 0BT
- Natural Health, 339 Ballards Lane, North Finchley, London, N12 8LJ
- Natural Health Options, 4 Buckingham Parade, The Broadway Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 4EB
- Food For Thought, 38 Market Pl, Kingston, Surrey, KT1 1JQ
To find out more and find a local store visit: https://feedyourhappy.co.uk/wakeup and join in the action with the hashtags #WakeUpToOrganic and #FeedYourHappy