Moving Mountains® partners with Made in Chelsea Watson sisters to launch its latest food tech innovation
Moving Mountains®, the pioneering British food tech company that created the first bleeding plant-based burger into the UK, is partnering with Tell Your Friends, to be the first restaurant in the UK to serve the brand’s ground-breaking new Sausage, that has a plant-based skin.
Tell Your Friends, founded by Made in Chelsea sisters Lucy and Tiffany Watson, has an innovative menu that focuses on iconic dishes made with plant-based ingredients. From 11th December 2019, the restaurant will be the first in the UK to add the Moving Mountains® Sausage to its menu, which is made with 100 per cent raw plant meat, zero per cent animal and when cooked, it sizzles, smells and browns just like the real thing.
Diners at Tell Your Friends will be able to enjoy a unique and delicious serve of the Sausage, a delicious white bean hotpot featuring the Moving Mountains® Sausage and tasty root vegetables, topped with scalloped potatoes. The restaurant is also offering customers a 30% discount for the Sausage dish during the launch weekend of 13th – 15th December.
The partnership brings together both brands’ shared missions to make truly inspiring flexitarian dining available to everyone. Without any compromise on taste, the Moving Mountains® Sausage provides a viable alternative for flexitarians, vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
The Moving Mountains Sausage:
The revolutionary Moving Mountains® Sausage is made from nutrient-rich vegetables, including oyster mushrooms and beetroot, and is deliciously seasoned with pepper and nutmeg. Its texture and succulent bite is identical to an artisanal sausage and it is created with a plant-based skin, which has a satisfying bite.
By using simple and natural ingredients and incredible scientific processes, the vitamin-rich, gluten-free Sausage replicates animal meat in every way:
- Oyster mushrooms make up the base of the Sausage, are anti-inflammatory and a source of protein, calcium, potassium and iron
- Beetroot is a rich source of calcium, iron and vitamins A and C and gives the Sausage the colouring and succulent texture of a traditional sausage
- Pea protein provides a source of protein
- Wheat and soy proteins give a fibrous texture akin to the bite and depth of a pork sausage
- Algae is a source of protein, calcium, magnesium and potassium and helps keep the authentic structure and bite of the Sausage
- Oats provide nutritious dietary fibre content to the Sausage
- Coconut oil provides a juicy consistency. Unlike the unhealthy saturated fat that can be found in pork sausages, coconut oil contains zero cholesterol and is rich in antioxidants. Coconut oil contains beneficial medium chain fatty acids including lauric acid, which has been scientifically proven to provide an immediate source of energy and helps boost good cholesterol
- Vitamin B12, traditionally associated with red meats, has been added so that the Moving Mountains® Sausage can genuinely compete with a pork sausage and provide more essential nutrients
Simeon Van der Molen, Founder of Moving Mountains® says: “We can’t wait to unveil the 100% plant-based Moving Mountains® Sausage at Tell Your Friends. The restaurant is the perfect partner for us, as it shares our mission to make truly inspiring flexitarian dining available to everyone.
“We have spent years perfecting the Sausage recipe with a team of scientists, farmers and chefs and it is the closest replication to a pork sausage in the UK. It provides a real solution to the environmental impact of the animal agriculture industry, without compromising on taste.”
Tiffany Watson, Co-Owner of Tell Your Friends says: “We are delighted to be the first restaurant in the UK to serve the revolutionary Moving Mountains® Sausage. It’s versatile, delicious and nutrient-rich. It’s made with the highest quality ingredients including oyster mushrooms and beetroot, with an amazing plant-based skin and it looks and smells just like a pork sausage.”
Each Moving Mountains® Sausage has zero cholesterol, 14g of plant protein (per 100g of Sausage), is vegan and free-from antibiotics and hormones. Seriously satisfying, the Sausage will quell comfort-food cravings, without the meat hangover.